This message was received from Marianna Spence of Carolina Farm Stewardship Association:
“$5,000 in grant money is available for a small farm in North Carolina! Apply by July 15, 2016.
Is My Small Farm Eligible?
- Has your small North Carolina farm been in operation for at least two years?
- Does your farm generate at least 50% of your personal income?
- Is the land on your farm owned or rented by you?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to all of the above questions, your farm is eligible.
Who is providing this grant money?
The Leonard-Mobley Small Farm (LMSF) grant was created by Martha Mobley, to honor her late husband, Jerry Stephen Mobley, and deceased mother, Marjorie Louise Gardner Leonard. Both individuals were extraordinary farmers based in Louisburg, NC.
The Leonard-Mobley Small Farm Fund is a 501(c)(3) non-profit established in 2014 to support and cultivate small farms in North Carolina. Donations from community members and proceeds from the annual Farm-to-Table Dinner in the Meadow event are used to fund this annual grant.
How do I apply?
- Visit the https://dinnerinthemeadow.org/grant-application-2/ website to get the application and see more details.
- Download and complete the application form.
- E-mail the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the completed form with a postmark date of July 15, 2016 or earlier to the following address:
LMSFF – Grant Application
571 Leonard Farm Road
Louisburg NC, 27549
Thank you for applying!
Please contact Ranell Bridges with any questions you may have. “